A lightning storm knocked out my Raspberry Pi.
I would not have rebuilt it were it not for AI.
I'd long forgotten the config files and arcane commands I'd used to bring it shakily to life years ago.
It would have sat in the 'to-do' pile for months.
It was only serving files anyway.
This time, LLMs helped me restore its file-share function in record time. It also enabled distributed computing, password-less login, and the offloading of software development work onto it.
I am maxing it out like I never could have before.
AI then condensed our chats into a setup guide for the next thunderstorm.
But wait, there's more.
AI gives me commands to copy-paste then waits for me to copy-paste the output.
Agentic AI executes those commands remotely, with my consent of course, then interprets the output.
All within free tier limits.
Yeah maybe I should have RTFMs and gotten good. But I didn't want those extra services badly enough to do so.
Lowering barriers might make people like me dumber and dependent. It also enables us to achieve more.
Comments
Post a Comment